A 2-day workshop titled: “Effective Management of Stress” was held on July 31-August 1, 2008 at GEIFON’s Secretariat in Benin City. Participants at this workshop included senior management personnel of government and the private sector.
The main objective of this workshop was to develop and enhance stress management skills amongst senior management personnel.
The following topics were covered:
- Introductory notes
- Active listening
- The human body and its response to stress
- Sources of stress
- The psychology of stress
- Exercise in the management of stress
- Socio-economic effect of stress and reduction techniques
- Stress and disease
- Stress alerts and management
- Time management: how well do you spend your day?
Workshop Assessment By Some Participants:
- The lectures are interesting and interactive. The language simple and comprehensible
- The course was interesting, comprehensive and lively. The materials were good and presenters were able to deliver adequately. The discussion sessions were even more lively. I would have wanted a more comfortable venue arranged for the workshop.
- The theme of the workshop is timely and very relevant. The entire programme was very satisfactory.
- Very good in content and presentation.
- The seminar is thought provoking, challenging and rewarding. It has exposed one to know more of one’s thought were little things but very important.
- Very educative and helpful (b) I kept wondering how people who were not in the medical field would understand most of the lectures
- New friendships have been established (b) One’s understanding of what stress entails has been expanded (c) One has been able to identify some stressors and di-stressors (d) The lecture on active listening and time management were of great benefit.
- Effective management of stress workshop is a good programme. I find it exciting and rewarding, it has exposed me to many ways to manage stress and time especially.